Wednesday, July 20, 2016

They’re not hardworking that’s why I’m worried, not for they’re smart working, Sir.



They’re not hardworking that’s why I’m worried, not for they’re smart working, Sir.

Once, few people went to villages for marketing agro products, my boss wanted me to go but because of my busy schedule, I could not. So, my boss sent other two people in place of me. They were not hard workers and worked smartly only.
I asked boss, “Why they went and the office could not wait for just a day?”
My boss asked, “Why are you worried?”
I said, “They’re not hardworking that’s why I’m worried, not for they’re smart working, Sir.”
My boss said, “That’s good they’ll do twice the work than you can, and laughed.”
I said, “Time only will tell.”
Really after a month, the work they did could not be accepted by the management and I was sent again.
I went from door to door, from Sarpanch to common man and inquired about the fundamentals and then we could plan the strategy.
My boss explained what and how I went from door to door, etc. and brought phone numbers of almost every important person in that region that helped the organisation to plan the strategy. Then to smart executives were called, why could not you do that? They replied, “We’re General Managers and not simple executives to go door to door. Hence, we hired the local people and gave them the job, they failed to collect the data, hence, and we failed.”
I was asked, “Ashish, why you went door to door?”
I said, “Since long I work like that, as I like to live on ground, and unless I know ground realities I never work in any field. Problem solving is important than what position we hold, what money we got, or what power we have, or what links we have and profession we are in. In case we don’t solve problems of the world then they keep compiling a lot and after a century like today we have, we’ll have millions of problems only and no solutions left, hence, I always go door to door and person to person and understand the things and you all know the results.”
The people in the hall from our company kept clapping for a minute or more. 

Dr. Ashish Manohar Urkude, India

No comments: