Thursday, July 10, 2008

My 3 earthquake Experiences

My 3 earthquake Experiences

1. Guwahati: When my family visited the Darjiling, we passed through Guwahati, in 1996. We experienced the earthquake. Every one near us started running. My family was in the premises gate hence did not panic but the people inside started ruining haywire.
I kept my self safe near the pillar of the building first and when I saw people panicking I just said to them take shelter near pillar or go out of the door and stand on the ground but away from building.
2. Guwahati: Same on next day.
3. Nagpur: I was seating on the sofa, relaxing and watching the Indian Republic Day (R.D.) Parade on 26 January. Suddenly at 10:30 a.m. my Sofa moved from right side of the hall to left side of the hall. Glasses were intact everything was intact except sides and corners got broken just few millimeters.
However, this one movement at Nagpur was enough to tell me what should be the impact in the Bhuj and the epicenter at Anjar, in Gujarat, when I changed to other Television channel and watched the News.
Most importantly, when I re-shuffled to DD1, suddenly, I saw one thing on the TV, that, one of the guard ran towards Honourable Prime Minster in the middle of Republic Day Parade and told something to Honorable Atal Behari Bajapeyi. Later he confirmed that (Hon. P.M.) was the bad news about the Quake. God bless the souls.
It is sure if Nagpur at 2000 km can get the jolt imagine the damage that might have done in Gujarat.
Nature and God have their own ways of peace and hit. We have to bow before them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashish,

I am Richa from SiliconIndia. I am also an avid blogger for a while now and participating actively in Indian blogosphere. I read your blog posting and found them very interesting and informative. We would love to see a copy of your blogs posted here, whenever you are posting it on blogger.com. Here are some of the benefits of posting your blogs here:

We have a strong community of 500,000 Indian professionals
Best blogs of 2008 to be published in a book "SiliconIndia bLoG PrinT"
Best blog to be printed in SliconIndia & SmartTechie magazines each month
Chance to be featured on homepage everyday


We appreciate your community initiative here and in helping build a more powerful India! Also, if you have any ideas or want to volunteer to help for SiliconIndia, we would be more than excited to get your help. Pls mail me back at richa@siliconindia.com with your suggestions and feedback.

Richa
Blog Editor- SiliconIndia