Saturday, July 18, 2015

One student asked me, "Sir, Indian economy is growing but where are the jobs?"

One student asked me, "Sir, Indian economy is growing but where are the jobs?"

I asked him in return, "You're already in job, then why this question boy? Also, you're well skilled as well?"
(Verbatim) He said, "Our skills are useless Sir, it's of no use. Some companies do not like honest but skillful people like us. They earn a lot but they're not pay masters. Sir, we've taken loans from Bank for this degree, and we've to pay back it. In case company pays us Rs. 15000/ month i.e. almost 45 USD/ Month, then how can we pay back the loans and survive our daily lives? Why can't we have minimum wages act for each degree holder? We don't mind you Ph.D. holder people get highest salary but, our salaries are less than even illiterate people.....".

I was listening to his agony and pains he was going through. He was about to cry.

Hence, I became speechless, I had no answer.

Dr. Ashish Manohar Urkude,
ashish.urkude@gmail.com

No comments: